How Do Shaklee Multivitamins Compare With The Rest?

Shaklee Vita-Lea, Vitalizer Men and Vitalizer Women

If you’ve never tried Shaklee’s nutritional products or you don’t know anyone who has, you may be skeptical about people’s claims and decide not to try them for yourself.

Well, I recently found an independent website that did a study on the effectiveness and affordability of 101 multivitamin brands and I’d like to share it with you now.

Let’s quickly start with the answer to everyone’s question: Did Shaklee get ranked #1?

Unfortunately, no.  Shaklee’s product ranked #4.

Now you’re probably thinking So, if Shaklee wasn’t #1 why would you share and publicize the study?

Excellent question and here are a few very good reasons why.

The first reason is simply because we ranked #4 out of 101 different brands!  I don’t care you are, that’s not too shabby!

The second reason is to point out all the other retail brands that many of you are probably using now and to show how inferior they are.

For example, when you look at the full list you’ll definitely see your common retail brands like Centrum®, One A Day®, Sundown Naturals®, etc. but you won’t find them anywhere near the top.

In fact, each of those three brands didn’t even crack the top 50!!

Don’t believe me?  See for yourself.  Here is their full listing of the 101 brands ordered by rank as they appear on the site on Thursday, October 13, 2011:

Once all 101 multivitamin products were assessed, each of them was assigned a score from 0 to 10, 10 being the highest. A score of 8.0 and above is a sign of an excellent product. However, only 8 out of the 101 products were able to surpass this benchmark.

Effectiveness scores of all 101 multivitamin brands (listed in order of their rank)

Company Product Effectiveness Rank
Life Brand Optimum 0.6 96
Good Neighbor Pharmacy Balanced Care Complete Multi 0.6 97
Kroger Advanced Formula Complete 0.6 98
Equate (Walmart) One Daily 0.6 99
Action Labs Essential Nutrients 0.5 100
Geritol Complete 0.4 101
Source: Multivitamin Guidehttp://www.multivitaminguide.org/full-ranking.html (accurate as of October 13, 2011)

So, as you can see, many of your retail brands are way down on the totem pole and Shaklee was one of only 8 brands rated with an “effectiveness score” of 8.0 or higher.

The Shaklee Vitalizer Line of Products (Mens, Womens and Gold Formulas)

The Shaklee Vitalizer Line of Products (Mens, Womens and Gold Formulas)

The third reason I am sharing this is to point out the daily cost and serving size for Shaklee.

In the study they looked at Vitalizer™ Gold (Shaklee’s 50+ formula) and took into account all six pills in the Vita-Strip®.  That is certainly the optimal recommendation for good health and, based on Shaklee’s quality standards, it is well worth the price.  However, of the six pills in the Vita-Strip® only two of those are Shaklee’s Vita-Lea® high potency multivitamin.

Since Vita-Lea® can be purchased on its own, if you are a budget minded person who still wants the best multivitamin for your health, you can just buy a two month supply of Vita-Lea® Gold for $26.00 (or $23.00 for Vita-Lea® Men and Vita-Lea® Women).

When just purchasing a 120 count bottle of Vita-Lea® as a beginning foundation for better health your daily pill consumption goes down to just two and your daily cost per serving is only $0.43 per day for Vita-Lea® Gold and $0.38 per day for Vita-Lea® Men or Women!  Knowing how much higher quality of a multivitamin you are getting compared to the retail brands that you are using now 40 cents a day is a steal!

So, there you have it.  Yet more evidence and (great) reasons to become a Shaklee nutritional supplement user.

Of course, I didn’t even mention Shaklee’s award-winning environmental and humanitarian achievements which just further set us apart from every other company out there!

Plus, there’s the amazing Shaklee Business Opportunity which lets you earn an income simply for using and sharing Shaklee with others.

If you’re interested in buying a Vitalizer™ pack or just learning more about it you can go to my website to read and watch a video on Vitalizer™ by clicking the link you just passed.

I hope you got some valuable information today and thanks for reading!

Courtenay

EmpoweredWithCourtenay.com

Enhanced by Zemanta

© 2011 – 2012, CGregoryShaklee. All rights reserved.

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

10 Responses to “How Do Shaklee Multivitamins Compare With The Rest?”

1. Harrvey Moberg says:

Hi there! I like your blog and the info you present….First time I heard of this comparison of Shaklee vitamins versus the others and so recent also….good for you……keep me updated……Harv..

2. sophie says:

You still did not mention why people should buy shaklee vs. other highly ranked vitamins. You only compared shaklee to Centrum and other lowly ranked vitamins. Compare apple to apple not apple to raisins. Sure its not too shabby being #4 but why should I buy #4 ranked vitamins when I can buy #1

• Sophie,

Thank you for your comment.

The independent lab that tested all of the vitamins (http://www.multivitaminguide.org/) did include many highly ranked vitamin supplements, as you can see from their chart. Of the brands in the top 15-20, researching their websites shows that the majority of them do use very high quality materials and sourcing methods similar to Shaklee and most of them can only be purchased directly from the company, its Independent Representatives or directly from Medical Practitioners that partner with company. So, from a product quality standpoint, I believe those comparisons are very much apples to apples.

In my post I did mention common brands like Centrum, One A Day, Sundown and store brand vitamins because that is what the overwhelming majority of consumers are currently buying. Whether its out of convenience of having a grocery store nearby, habit from buying a certain brand for years or many other reasons, most people are using those brands which ranked very poorly in Multivitamin Guide’s tests. So, for the benefit of most people finding my post, I do mention those common brands to show that what they’re using may not be the best thing for them.

As to why someone should buy Shaklee nutritional products vs. Xtend-Life, Douglas Laboratories or USANA, who ranked in the top 3, it always comes down to a personal decision but one thing I mention in my post is the price of Shaklee’s primary multivitamin, Vita-Lea. To get the quality of multivitamin that Shaklee offers at a price of only about $0.43 per day is certainly very good. Also, a lot of people have issues with taking many pills every day and Shaklee’s Vita-Lea serving size is only 2 pills compared with USANA and Douglas Labs’ products which have a serving size of 8 pills per day. Even X-tend Life’s basic multivitamin, MultiXtra, is slightly higher at $0.56 per day.

Lastly, there’s the business opportunity aspect of Shaklee. For those interested, you can become a Shaklee Independent Distributor for only $39.95 and share Shaklee’s natural health, home and beauty products with others and begin to build another stream of income.

So, in the end, I think the decision on what to purchase is certainly up to each individual but I think that Shaklee offers many benefits that most of the other brands and companies in the list do not and can not.

Sorry for the really long reply but I hope it was clear. Once I start writing, it’s hard to stop sometimes. :)

Courtenay

3. Linnea says:

Courtenay,

One of the most pragmatic posts I’ve read from any distributor. Congrats to you.

4. Jennifer Lopez says:

Its funny how they use the vitality Gold for shaklee, and only the vitality Pack for Melaleuca which only includes the multivitamin and calcium. They should of used Vitality Total to be fair with shaklee. And I guarantee It would have one. Plus how much does it truly observe in your body? I just say to be a more effective study they must use products that are comparable in size and quantity.

5. Allen Partch says:

I don't agree with this chart as Shaklee at #4 there are more than just looking at the label and the number one xtenlife only has 6% of calcium Shaklee has 64% and Shaklee is much more balanced with almost all the vitamins at 100% in stead of xtemdlife at some % 650 %.
    not as balanced as Shaklee and something else this chart doesen't show is the absorbability of the products Shaklee has been tested to be 100% absorbed plus they do 100000 test every year to make sure of the potency, purity, and that there is no toxins in there product.
    And Shaklee has spent over 300 million on research and development and over 100 years of experience starting with Dr. Shaklee developing his products back in 1912, Shaklee is The Number One Nutrition Company in the United States period.

6. The “proof is in the pudding” is an old saying that many of us Shaklee people in our 80′s and 90′s have proved with our good health that Shaklee works. Before Shaklee I took two of the brands on this list. My health continued to deteriorate drastically. A person challenged me to switch to Shaklee for only 30 days and if I could not tell a difference I would get my money back. Everything to gain and nothing to lose. After 30 I was still very ill but I knew that something was happening for good in my body. A few months later the swelling in my joints began to decrease and in 18 months I was pain free. That was 26 years ago and there is no evidence of inflammatory illness (RA) in my body. Today I am in better health than I was 10 years ago, with Vivix I have experienced my body improving even more. A couple of those on the list did more harm to my husband’s diabetes than good, unfortunately until he also got on Shaklee. His blood pressure went down and his diabetes was brought under control. I am just one of thousands who could put their name to this story. I pay to use Shaklee products and they are worth every penny I spend. If you are reading this, you must be interested in supplements. Run, don’t walk to the phone and call your local Shaklee distributor. Your health and your life depends on the best, proven by thousands for years and Shaklee only gets better!

7. Dear Friends,

Those top supplements listed in Multi Vitamin Guide are genuinely top supplements. Rankings may be a little biased because that website is actually designed to promote Total Balance from Xtend Life, which is a very good supplement. It's a good reference, but there is no need to be paranoid about the rankings. As long as they are above 8, they are extremely good supplements.

Ray

8. Mike Jordan says:

i have bean on shaklee sins i was 8. hear i am now 43. look at me now living proof